Groenfontein

After stopping in Tarkastad we arrived at my uncle’s farm, Groenfontein (meaning green fountain). We were very glad to get out of the car after about 8 hours of driving.  The mountains around the farm still had some snow on them and with the wind blowing is was very cold outside.  We quickly unloaded the car and went into the house.

I am not sure for how long my mother’s family has owned the farm.  I know my great grandfather used to farm there, then my grandparents, then my uncle and now my cousin runs the farm. 

We had a nice weekend spending our inside and outside the house
-         Walking around on the farm
-         Searching for a spot in the sun to sit and read
-         Catching up on all the news
-         Playing board games or table tennis
-         Riding in the field on the back of the bakkie
-         Playing with the dogs
-         And even some hunting
We had a great time but so soon Sunday arrived and we had to drive the ±675km back to Mossel Bay.  Here are some photos of the farm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daar’s ‘n hoender wat ‘n eier nie kan lê

Dutch Reformed Mother Church, George

Eyewitness Travel Guides – A Book Review